GO NOW and discover Knysna by means of our new and exciting electric bikes. These awesome self-powered bikes make exploring simple and stress-free by avoiding traffic and searching for parking. The electric bikes are easy to use and no particular level of fitness is required. This activity is perfect for families with older children (Child must fit bike height).
Departure Times – All day (subject to availability)
Included in Trip
- GO NOW Electric Bikes
- Bike Lock
- Keys for bike and lock
Rates - click to read more
R 230 per person (1st hour)
R 170 Subsequent hourly rate
(Valid from the 1st of December 2018 till the 30th November 2019)
Directions & Parking - click to read more
Coming from PE/ Plettenberg Bay:
Take N2 to Knysna, 3rd traffic light left (Waterfront drive) follow till next traffic light, left again onto Long street and continue onto Thesen Harbour Town. At the circle, look for parking on the right we are directly opposite the True Beaked Whale sculpture.
Coming from George:
N2 to Knysna 1st traffic light turn right onto Waterfront drive, 2nd traffic light right onto Long street and continue onto Thesen Harbour Town. At the circle, look for parking on the right we are directly opposite the True Beaked Whale sculpture
GPS Coordinates - click to read more
34˚02’30,3”S | 23˚02’41,2”E
Useful information & Tips for a relaxed Electric Bike cycle - click to read more
Pay attention to the staff member that is instructing you on how to use the bike. Our electric bikes are a little more intricate than a basic bicycle and can go as fast as 30kmph
Don’t get dehydrated! Always keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
What to wear!
Dress comfortably and preferably comfortable takkies/sneakers to protect your feet
Don’t forget the sunblock and sunglasses!
Sunglasses and sunblock is always a good idea for those hot summer days.
What to bring
Sunscreen and sunglasses, hat, water bottle, backpack to store your belongings.
Terms and Conditions - click to read more
- You can hire your GONOW Electric Bike from our offices on Thesen Island for the required period of time. Not less than one hour.
- A refundable security deposit will be required for each rental which we will only use in the event of any damage or loss during the period of your rental agreement.
- All bikes are inspected before and after each rental and all damages or loss will be for the account of the client.
- The GONOW Electric Bike is rented out in good faith to a particular individual and must in all instances ONLY be used by such individual who accepts full responsibility for the bike.
- GONOW Electric Bikes are available for rental only for departure from Thesen Island along the recommended routes in and around Knysna and my therefore not be transported away from Knysna
- GONOW Electric Bikes may under no circumstances be used on beaches, forests or any similar terrain as this will damage the hydraulics of the unit which will in turn be for the account of the client.
- No children under the age of 16 years old will be permitted to ride the GONOW Electric bikes which are not suitable for young children (Child needs to fit height of the bike)
- Ocean Odyssey, management and staff reserve the right to refuse or permit rental of the GONOW Electric bikes to any individual deemed or seen to be unfit to handle the bike correctly.
- Ocean Odyssey, management and staff has full right to decline rental to any individual who may not be appropriately dressed for the activity(i.e. long skirts, long dresses or any other garment that restricts movement or functionality of the bike)
- Any individual with whom Ocean Odyssey enters into an agreement for rental of our GONOW Electric Bikes is required by law to wear a safety helmet at all times. Our helmets are fitted with safety lights which insure that all riders are visible to other traffic.
- Each GONOW Electric Bike is fitted with its own security lock and ignition key. Should guests wish to explore Knysna and stop along the route for refreshments, you are kindly asked to secure the bike/s and avoid loss or damage at all times.
- The GONOW Electric Bikes may not be operated whilst under the influence of alcohol or any drug or substance which may impair your physical and cognitive abilities.
- You will pay attention to the instructions, safety briefing and adhere strictly and promptly to all safety instructions given prior to the activity.
- You agree that you are participating in the activity at your sole risk and you accept sole liability and responsibility for your person and property; and
- You specifically indemnify and hold harmless Ocean Odyssey Charters CC, its agents and/or employees (“OOC”) against any claims, damages or loss to yourself or any person, including to property, including any loss of support or earnings (both past or future) to yourself or any in respect of any other person (whether participating with you or not) of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising from or connected with your participation and whether or not such claims are caused by any act or omission, negligent or otherwise, of OOC and/or anyone else.