Explore the waterways of Thesen Island with the world’s fastest growing watersport, Stand-Up Paddling. Stand-Up Paddling, or SUP for short, is easy, fun and guaranteed to keep you fit whilst enjoying the spectacular scenery of our waterways & lagoon. The calm waters of Thesen Island are ideal for beginners and the many inlets and coves are perfect for the more adventurous or experienced paddlers. Eight top quality boards and paddles are available for rent by the hour.
It was so fun and beautiful. The staff where so helpful and friendly, I will definitely be spoiling more people to this activity
Achsa Staples, Activitar Review
All day (subject to availablity).
Included in Trip
- Life Jackets supplied
- Rigid SUP Board
Rates - click to read more
R 180 per person (1st hour)
R 130 Subsequent hourly rate
(Valid from the 1st of December 2018 till the 30th November 2019)
Directions & Parking - click to read more
Coming from PE/ Plettenberg Bay:
Take N2 to Knysna, 3rd traffic light left (Waterfront drive) follow till next traffic light, left again onto Long street and continue onto Thesen Harbour Town. At the circle, look for parking on the right we are directly opposite the True Beaked Whale sculpture.
Coming from George:
N2 to Knysna 1st traffic light turn right onto Waterfront drive, 2nd traffic light right onto Long street and continue onto Thesen Harbour Town. At the circle, look for parking on the right we are directly opposite the True Beaked Whale sculpture
GPS Coordinates - click to read more
34˚02’30,3”S | 23˚02’41,2”E
Useful Information & tips for a perfect stand-up paddle - click to read more
If this is your first Stand-Up Paddle experience, stay in the protected waters of Thesen Island. The water is calmer and boats travel at wake speed.
Don’t get dehydrated! When on the water it is recommended that you keep hydrated by drinking plenty of water.
What to wear!
Dress comfortably in a costume or shorts & a t-shirt. During the cooler winter months, you may want to bring a wet suite.
Don’t forget the sunblock and sunglasses!
Water reflects and magnifies the sun rays. Without protection you can get severely sunburned during your trip. Be sure to bring your sunglasses to protect your eyes from glare on the water.
What to bring - click to read more
Sunscreen and Sunglasses
Wet suit (for colder months)
Waterproof bag to protect your belongings
Terms & Conditions - click to read more
- You can only launch Stand-Up Paddle Boards from our jetty and will not under any circumstances transport them anywhere else
- You are able to swim a distance of at least 50 meters / 150 feet and you have not consumed alcohol or any drug or substance which may impair your physical and cognitive abilities;
- You will, prior to departure, advise Ocean Odyssey Charters CC of any medical condition which may affect your participation in the activity
- You will pay for any costs for the repair or replacement of any equipment damaged by you
- You will pay attention to the safety briefing and adhere strictly and promptly to all safety instructions given both prior and/or during the activity
- You agree that you are participating in the activity at your sole risk and you accept sole liability and responsibility for your person and property; and
- You specifically indemnify and hold harmless Ocean Odyssey Charters CC, its agents and/or employees (“OOC”) against any claims, damages, liability or responsibility for any harm, injury, damages or loss to yourself or any person, including to property, including any loss of support or earnings (both past or future) to yourself or any in respect of any other person (whether participating with you or not) of whatsoever nature and howsoever arising from or connected with your participation and whether or not such claims are caused by any act or omission, negligent or otherwise, of OOC and/or anyone else.